We are UCSD's Biological Sciences Student Association (BSSA). We are dedicated to enrich your college experience through programs and events that will provide you with professional development, community service, social events and much more! While doing so, we strive to create a welcoming community where you can find friends and connections. We look forward to meeting you!
- We strive to
- EDUCATE you on the resources available both on and off campus.
- ENRICH your college experience with plenty of volunteer and social events.
- EMPOWER you with the skills and experience needed to succeed in today's competitive workforce.
With the support of the Dean's Office and do/Bio, our board of student officers hopes to enhance your educational and social experiences here at UCSD. While there is such a portion of the undergraduate population as declared biology majors, we want to ensure that every student is provided with the tools needed for success.
- BSSA's main goals are to
- Outreach to incoming and returning biology majors and minors on campus to promote both membership and event/program participation
- Provide a series of events and programs that support biology majors’ educational goals and broaden and enhance their overall experience at UCSD, thus serving as the first step in a lifelong relationship between the Division and our students
- Increase meaningful interaction between biology students, faculty and alumni through small group and one to one interactions
- Offer expanded programs and information on career options and advanced education opportunities for biology majors
- Provide valuable leadership opportunities for biology majors that will serve them well in their future endeavors
- Further develop BSSA’s visibility on and off campus with various constituencies including faculty, students, organizations, the administration, and area high schools.