We are an organization dedicated to improving the education of UCSD’s biology undergraduate population by providing programs that enrich personal, academic, and professional growth. We are a place where you can make friends, connections, and opportunities and we hope to help you find your passion in biology. BSSA is a resource for you to utilize during your time here at UCSD!
- We strive to
- Educate: Help you learn about all of the resources available here at UCSD as an undergraduate biology major.
- Enrich: Enrich your years here at UCSD through volunteer and social events. (College goes by fast!)
- Empower: Empower you with the skills and experience to stand out amongst the crowd when applying in today's competitive post-graduate world.
With a large portion of the University of California, San Diego’s undergraduate population declared as biology majors, the Biological Sciences Student Association (BSSA) plays a crucial role in expanding opportunities and enhancing the overall educational and social experiences of these students during their time here. In addition, BSSA assists in preparing students for a wide range of career opportunities. UCSD biology graduates go on to careers in many fields. Besides becoming scientists and physicians, they are teachers, administrators, health care professionals, business people, and lawyers. BSSA, which complements our strong degree programs, is run by a board of officers and receives administrative support from the Dean’s Office and do/bio.
- BSSA's main goals are to
- Outreach to incoming and returning biology majors and minors on campus to promote both membership and event/program participation
- Provide a series of events and programs that support biology majors’ educational goals and broaden and enhance their overall experience at UCSD, thus serving as the first step in a lifelong relationship between the Division and our students
- Increase meaningful interaction between biology students, faculty and alumni through small group and one to one interactions
- Offer expanded programs and information on career options and advanced education opportunities for biology majors
- Provide valuable leadership opportunities for biology majors that will serve them well in their future endeavors
- Further develop BSSA’s visibility on and off campus with various constituencies including faculty, students, organizations, the administration, and area high schools.
- Location: NSB Auditorium and Atrium
- Date: April 19, 2018 (Thursday)
- Time: 6:00PM - 8:00PM
- Location: York Hall 3010
- Date: April 20, 2018 (Friday)
- Time: 6:00PM - 8:00PM
- Location: Sun God Lawn
- Date: April 23, 2018 (Monday)
- Time: 12:00PM - 2:00PM